Interested in joining the lab?
We are always eager to hear from students at any level who are interested in getting involved with our research. There are many ways to become involved in the lab; see below for current opportunities.
We are accepting graduate applications for the upcoming cycle! If you are interested in applying to the graduate program, please contact Dr. Starmans. You can find more information about the graduate program at the University of Toronto and our application fee waiver program here.
During the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters, U of T undergraduates may join the StarLab, either for course credit, or as a volunteer. Students typically spend 8-10 hours per week assisting with research in the lab, as well as attending our weekly lab meeting. Research Assistant activities may include:
- Running participants in lab
- Running participants at the Ontario Science Center
- Attending lab meetings
- Designing stimuli and new experiments
- Inputting and analyzing data
- Calling parents to schedule visits with their children
- Reading articles in preparation for lab meeting